Downloading/Uploading RTEMS app to mcp750

Oyake, Amalaye (398K) amalaye.oyake at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Feb 19 16:49:30 UTC 2014

Hello Noble,

The MCP750 (the generic Motorola board that uses the PPC 750) should come with a bootloader. Connect it to a terminal program (Hyper Terminal is usually very straight forward), typically the settings are 9600-8-N-1 and then see what happens after a reset. Some of these boards have 1 or 2 serial ports, you just have to twiddle around to get the right one.

Once you get the boot-loader going, you will see whether it is a VxWorks bootloader or Uboot or something else. I think you can get RTEMS loaded using the VxWorks bootloader (never tried it, but it seems "reasonable")  ...

The procedure is the same for any board - You have to find the bootloader (Uboot, GRUB, LILO or whatever it may be).

The Stanford guys use some VME set up which should have similar procedures.

Regards,
* Amalaye Oyake                                    *
* Flight Software Applications & Data Product Mgmt */\
* 818.393.7168 work   626.399.1707 cell            *||
* Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena  CA 91109   */||\
--