Backtraces

Claus, Ric claus at slac.stanford.edu
Fri Jan 3 17:53:04 UTC 2014

GCC's backtrace functionality (http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/Backtraces.html#Backtraces) looks like it could be very useful for debugging and exception handlers.  When trying to build some test code around it for a xilinx-zynq board with GCC showing "arm-rtems4.11-gcc (GCC) 4.8.1 20130527 (RTEMS gcc-4.8.1-0.el5/newlib-1.20.0-25.el5)" as its version, I get errors about execinfo.h not being found.  On Linux, this file is found in /usr/include.  What is the issue with it for RTEMS?

I want to have some sort of backtrace functionality in my code.  Can someone explain how I can get it?

Thanks,
              Ric