RTEMS Posix lock failure

John Harwell jharwell at swri.org
Mon Jan 6 16:58:33 UTC 2014

Hello,

When RTEMS entries the Internal_error_Occurred() routine, it is within
the context of an ISR, according to the value of _ISR_Nest_level.
After reading the documentation on rtems_fire_after() here
<http://www.rtems.org/onlinedocs/doxygen/cpukit/html/group__ClassicTimer.html#gad9785a6bd78ab5a591a134d147b2bdd3>,
I realized that because my function attempts to acquire a global
mutex lock within an ISR context, RTEMS will correctly lockup. Now that
I know the cause, restructuring my code should be
relatively simple.

Thanks for your help,

--
John Harwell
Engineer

john.harwell at swri.org
Office: 210-522-5965
Southwest Research Institute (SwRI)
6220 Culebra Road, San Antonio, TX 78238-5166