Flashdisk failing at rtems_fdisk_compact() - shouldn't I get a device node regardless?

Nick Withers nick.withers at anu.edu.au
Fri Jan 10 05:17:46 UTC 2014

Hey all,

I'm playing with Flashdisk again, with the hope of using JFFS2 on top of
it.

At the moment I can't get the device node to even appear because
rtems_fdisk_initialize() is failing in rtems_fdisk_compact() ("nothing
to recycle" [1]).

This surprises me at a conceptual level (but I'm probably missing
something...): Shouldn't I be able to get a device / device node
regardless of what data might happen to be on the underlying flash
segments? If not, how'm I supposed to erase it and write a filesystem
through RTEMS?

Perhaps I can, and have just stuffed up my configuration :-P

[1] For the benefit of any future debuggers: I had to add printk()s, as
rtems_fdisk_error() uses fprintf() which isn't yet available when
rtems_fdisk_initialize()'s called as part of the static / confdefs.h
CONFIGURE_APPLICATION_EXTRA_DRIVERS process
--
Nick Withers

Embedded Systems Programmer
Room 2.26, Building 57
Department of Nuclear Physics
Research School of Physics and Engineering
The Australian National University (CRICOS: 00120C)

eMail: nick.withers at anu.edu.au
Phone: +61 2 6125 2091
Mobile: +61 414 397 446