Flashdisk failing at rtems_fdisk_compact() - shouldn't I get a device node regardless?

Nick Withers nick.withers at anu.edu.au
Fri Jan 10 14:21:40 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-01-10 at 15:04 +0100, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> On 01/10/2014 06:17 AM, Nick Withers wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > I'm playing with Flashdisk again, with the hope of using JFFS2 on top of
> > it.
> >
> > At the moment I can't get the device node to even appear because
> > rtems_fdisk_initialize() is failing in rtems_fdisk_compact() ("nothing
> > to recycle" [1]).
> [...]
>
> Using JFFS2 on top of a flash disk makes no sense.

I'm having trouble parsing that :-P

Also, http://www.rtems.org/ml/rtems-users/2014/january/msg00020.html ,
but presumably you meant using rtems_fdisk_driver_handlers.

> I would only use the
> low-level flash driver (rtems_fdisk_driver_handlers).

Cheers - I'll have a gander at that.
--
Nick Withers

Embedded Systems Programmer
Room 2.26, Building 57
Department of Nuclear Physics
Research School of Physics and Engineering
The Australian National University (CRICOS: 00120C)

eMail: nick.withers at anu.edu.au
Phone: +61 2 6125 2091
Mobile: +61 414 397 446