RTEMS Installation & Configuration

Noble N. Nkwocha Noble.N.Nkwocha at nasa.gov
Wed Jan 15 16:13:11 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

My name is Noble N. Nkwocha and I am new to and with RTEMS.

I was successful "I believe", in installing and Configuring RTEMS 4.10.2 for the i386 and PowerPC target processors.   I used the pre-built tools and binary versions.    Would someone please help with the following questions?

1.       Where is the resulting RTEMS Kernel after a successful configuration?   What is its filename?   Should I expect to have a file named "i386-rtems4.10-run" and another one named "powerpc-rtems4.10-run" after the successful build of RTEMS4.10.2?

2.       Why is it that I cannot not get a successful RTEMS configuration for "powerpc" and "rad750" as target and BSP options respectively?   I get an error message indicating that a branch for the BSP (rad750) was not found.   The same problem occurs when I try "qemuprep" for a "powerpc" BSP.     The RTEMS Documentations I have, state that both the "rad750" and "qemuprep" are included in the standard RTEMS PowerPC BSPs distribution.   What am I not doing correct, here?

3.       Why do I get the System Error message below, each time I try the following:

$ i386-rtems4.10-gdb `find  . -name  ticker.exe`

[cid:image003.png at 01CF11E2.C6AA62D0]

This the command I used for my configurations.  "powerpc" and "psim" were substituted for the target and BSP for our successful PowerPC configuration

    ../rtems-4.10.2/configure --target=i386-rtems4.10 --enable-rtemsbsp=i386ex --enable-cxx --enable-tests=samples
    make all
    make install

Thank you,

Noble N. Nkwocha
(681) 753-5218 Work
(505) 238-5927 Cellular (Evenings, Nights and Weekends ONLY)
Noble.N.Nkwocha at NASA.Gov<mailto:Noble.N.Nkwocha at nasa.gov>