RTEMS available tasks

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Wed Jan 29 07:03:07 UTC 2014

On 2014-01-28 19:46, Andre Marques wrote:
> On 01/28/14 14:34, Sebastian Huber wrote:
>> On 2014-01-28 15:30, Andre Marques wrote:
>>>
>>> Well, for me Qemu seems to be having some problems with the output, because I
>>> can set breakpoints, and run the code on the remote target, but Qemu doesn't
>>> show any output (with -nographic, and different consoles), or shows the output
>>> for the program passed with the -kernel parameter, regardless of what gdb says
>>> that is printing.
>>>
>>> For now I guess I'm leaving this as it is, as I've tried for several hours
>>> already to make the output work.
>>>
>>> On pc386 the -S option leads to a fatal error, because when loading the program
>>> it seems to load it on the Bios memory space. If I dont use that option all
>>> seems to work. As for arm, I could't get any output.
>>
>> Which Qemu version do you use?  I normally use the latest Git version.
>>
>> If you omit the -nographic option, then you need "-serial stdio".
>>
>> The output appears on the terminal running Qemu (not the GDB terminal).
>>
> I'm using Qemu 1.5.3 from the Gentoo repositories.  It runs the program (passed
> with -kernel), then stays with "Any key to reboot...". Meanwhile I can connect
> to Qemu with gdb, load some other program and then Qemu shows nothing, just
> waits again.
>
> I'm using:
>
> qemu-system-i386 -m 256M -kernel hello.exe -s -serial stdio

I doubt this will work on i386 Qemu.  Here you need a boot loader, e.g. GRUB.
That is one of reasons I don't use the i386 Qemu.  I would use the
arm/realview_pbx_a9_qemu BSP with the latest Git version of Qemu.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09