MVME5500 1 Gbit Ethernet no longer works

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Thu Jan 16 22:21:00 UTC 2014

Till, does SLAC use a mixture of 5500 and 6100 painlessly with Beatnik?  I've told my client that uses the MVME5500 with Beatnik to get a 6100 in-house and test it out with their RTEMS software.  As long as things are changing on the MVME5500 (slower cache, different ethernet controller) they should evaluate using the 6100 instead (faster processor, two gig-E ethernets, etc) to see if that can be used on new systems and as a replacement part (with the replacement maybe tied to recent software releases, they can hoard the older boards for really old systems).

On Jan 16, 2014, at 12:04 , Till Straumann <strauman at slac.stanford.edu> wrote:

> FWIW: the driver I ported for the beatnik BSP is almost 10 years old
> and it seems to support the 82545GM (IDs 0x1026, 0x1027, 0x1028).
> You could use this BSP or you could also use the driver from the
> libbsdport addon package (which is newer than the one in beatnik).

Peter