rtems dynamic library loading

Peng Fan van.freenix at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 07:01:52 UTC 2014

Hi,
Have the problem been resolved?

> Hi,
>
> would you please have a try using rap format? does your elf  file symbol
> table contain the "puts" symbol?
> If using rap format, you can use rtems-syms to check it. I am not sure
> whether your command is right since i did not work on  this for a long
> time, I just downloaded the source code yesterday, and rebegin do
> something:)

>> Hi,
>>  I have a problem load a dynamic library using rtems and rtl.
>> I have a basic dynamic library which should print "hello" using printf,
>> but when the library is loaded with dlopen(), the "global symbol nout
>> found: puts" message is returned.
>>
>> I compile the library in a similar way as rtld test:
>>  arm-rtems4.11-ar -rcs libbasic_math.a basic_math.o
>> rtems-ra --lib basic_math --output-path ./ --no-stdlibs --cc
>> arm-rtems4.11-gcc -Wl,-static  -L$(RTEMS_TOOLCHAIN)/arm-rtems4.11/lib -l c
>>  arm-rtems4.11-ar x libbasic_math.ra
>>
>>  rtems-ra is used to convert elf archive file into a rap archive file.

>  I also tried to compile it with:
>> rtems-ld -o basic_math.elf -O a -n -b dll.exe -e Init --cc
>> arm-rtems4.11-gcc basic_math.o -L$(RTEMS_TOOLCHAIN)/arm-rtems4.11/lib -l c
>> , but no luck:
>>
>> Can this command run ok?  Would you please try such a command "
/opt/rtems-4.11/bin/rtems-ld  --base  rtld.prelink  --entry  rtems
 --lib-path  testcase  --lib  3   --cc
 /opt/rtems-4.11/bin/arm-rtems4.11-gcc  testcase/4.c.4.o  -o
 /home/freenix/rtems/rtl/build/arm-rtems4.11-realview_pbx_a9_qemu/testcase/my.rap
 -Wl,-Bstatic " which is extraced from rtl wscript and will generate a rap
file.
I tested the rtl testcases using qemu-system-arm, and all is ok.

 Thank you,