Proper way to sync an SD card prior to reboot

Jim Panetta panetta at slac.stanford.edu
Wed Jun 18 22:25:04 UTC 2014

To prevent any data loss due to non-flushed buffers at a commanded reboot, we
would like to sync a multi-partition SD card during our reboot procedure.

Is it enough to issue rtems_disk_fd_sync(fd) for each mounted partition?

Or should we be using unlink(path) as Sebastion Huber mentioned in his
correspondence with Ali Nasir this April?
(http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.rtems.user/22186)

Environment RTEMS 4.11, Zynq (ARM Cortex-A9)

   --Jim Panetta

--
My opinions are mine...not DOE's...not SLAC's...mine.
(except by random, unforseeable coincidences)