checking for sparc-rtems4.11-gcc... no

Gross, Thomas (SSA R4) Thomas.Gross at cobham.com
Thu Jun 26 14:37:37 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am new to RTEMS and have been trying to follow various installations instructions.  I actually have a number of questions but haven't seen any traffic on this mailing list so I'm wondering if anyone will read this email.  Is there perhaps an online RTEMS forum someplace?

Anyway, I'll try to focus this email on a single point.  I have been trying to follow the quickstart instructions here:

http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/Quick_Start

on my desktop running Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS

Following the directions, the make fails because it can't find sparc-rtems4.11-gcc, which I think it expects to find in /opt/rtems-4.11/bin

I found the compiler in ~/development/rtems/4.11/bin

which is where the instructions on http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/RTEMS_Source_Builder put it.

So I added /home/tgross/development/rtems/4.11/bin to my path and now everything builds (I decided to try this after I started writing this email).

Is there a step missing from the RTEMS_Source_Builder wiki page that would have copied the output to /opt/rtems-4.11/bin?

How do I report a bug?  Or is there some other quickstart instructions I should be using?

Thanks for your help,

Tom