potential GSOC project: Improve the Raspberry Pi BSP

Alan Cudmore alan.cudmore at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 21:10:50 UTC 2014

Hi Pierre,
We hope to use your GPIO implementation for this project. Any problems with
incorporating it into the BSP?

For the USB and MMC support, the u-boot code would be nice, but it is GPL
and not compatible with the RTEMS libraries. But it could serve as a
reference.

Also, I am not sure how to approach the USB and network implementation. For
example, we could probably get the Ethernet to work, and the USB code would
just be "a bunch of files" in the ethernet driver directory. But I think
the right way would be to use the FreeBSD library support of the USB and
Ethernet devices. I just don't know how to do that :)

Alan