RTEMS C++ global constructor for Sparc

Thomas (Gmail) thomas73.kim at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 05:28:48 UTC 2014

I am using RTEMS for university research purpose.
I am tring to integrate our C++ applications with RTEMS posix model.
also, I am using Sparc simulator because I don't have real target at this
time.

When I check _Thread_Handler() of cpukit/score/src/threadhandler.c
regarding C++ global constructor, _init() is called for sparc.
When I check _init() object dump file, there is not any implementation code
for C++ global constructor as like below;
Disassembly of section .init:

00000000 <_init>:
   0: 9d e3 bf a0 save  %sp, -96, %sp

Disassembly of section .fini:

00000000 <_fini>:
   0: 9d e3 bf a0 save  %sp, -96, %sp

I am tring to find how to call C++ global constructor for sparc. I found
something in http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gccint/Initialization.html

I am tring to add libgcc.a in linking process for
calling __do_global_ctors().

Please could you let me know how to add libgcc.a in RTEMS building
environment ?

If this approach is not correct, please let me know correct how-to-do for
C++ global constructor for Sparc.

Best Regards,
Thomas