[ESA summer of code, 2014] RTEMS testing

Kumar Amit Mehta gmate.amit at gmail.com
Tue May 13 15:21:08 UTC 2014

Hi,

I've some queries regarding the testing framework for rtems.

1: There seem to be two different set of framework and set of tests.
First one [1] is part of rtems package itself and the second one [2]
seem to have a different git repository and is written in Python.
How are these two different ?

2: I ran the simple hello world test case on the simulator, then
I also ran all those ~490 test cases that were part of rtems-tools
tests[2]. According to the information on the ESA summer of code page
of RTEMS [4], RTEMS testing using 'C' and 'C++' (seems like cmock is
the favorite right now [3]) is a prospective candidate for ESA summer
of code. I just want to be sure that It is still the case, Therefore,
CC'd mentors for RTEMS testing [4] here.

3: Is there a guide or link on running rtems test suite [1] (I ran
the modified hello world program on the simulator, but was wondering,
If those standalone test cases can be run as a batch, one after
another)

[1] http://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/testsuites
[2] git://git.rtems.org/rtems-tools.git
[3] http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/TestingReview