GNU assembler question for MPC555X assembler macros

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Thu May 29 20:54:49 UTC 2014

On May 29, 2014, at 16:34 , Peter Dufault <dufault at hda.com> wrote:

> bitrev_table_16bit.s:151: Error: unsupported relocation against r1
> bitrev_table_16bit.s:151: Error: unsupported relocation against r1
>
> This is more of a problem than I expected.

Sorry for blasting the list.  Adding "-mri -mregnames" gets past this problem.  "-mri" eliminates the need to supply the "\" in the macro definitions, "-mregnames" adds symbolic names such as r1.  The macro expansion in GAS must be done in a way that the normal definition of the register names used everywhere else in the assembler file is bypassed, so you need "-mregnames".

Peter