Nano-X build failure using do_it script.

Pavel Pisa ppisa4lists at pikron.com
Mon Nov 17 22:35:58 UTC 2014

Hello Thomas and Joel,

On Friday 14 of November 2014 17:18:22 Joel Sherrill wrote:
> On 11/14/2014 10:15 AM, Thomas Kim wrote:
> > Dear Sir,
> >
> > After do_it script was patched, I am tring to build nano-X.
> >
> > At this time, below build process are OK.
> > ./do_it -j : JPEG support
> > ./do_it -p : PNG support
> > ./do_it -t : TIFFsupport
> > ./do_it -T : Truetype font support
> >
> > But, when I tried to build nano-X source using "./do_it -n", I show
> > below error message.
> >
> > make[2]: Target `default' not remade because of errors.
> >
> > What does it means ?
>
> Nano-X is not completely ported.  Hopefully someone who is working
> on it can provide more details.
>
> FYI the long term plan is to eliminate the graphics toolkit and add-on
> packages. The contents will become part of the RTEMS Packages
> Collection in the RTEMS Source Builder. I have added libjpeg to it
> already but need to work through the rest. This will be a much
> more uniform, cross target solution that is easier to update.
>
> > Best Regards,
> > Thomas Kim

The Microwindows/Nano-X integration is far from beeing perfect,
but it builds for us. Try

  git clone git://git.rtems.org/rtems-graphics-toolkit.git
  cd rtems-graphics-toolkit
  git submodule update --init

There seems to be problem that rtems-graphics-toolkit project
wants microwin submodule version which is not available
directly form Alex's repository and I have not access rights
to that repo. We need to move RTEMS specific microwindoes
repo somewhere else (other place on GitHub for example).

The checkout from microwindoes master should work

  cd microwindows
  checkout -b master origin/master

You need to use option -A to build Microwindows dependencies

  RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH=/opt/rtems4.11/i386-rtems4.11/pc686/ ./do_it -A

And for sure, you need installed RTEMS development environment
for your BSP (pc686 in above example).

We need more information from output of your build
to have some clue. Redirect build stanadar and error
output to some file. It can be done by next redirection
in POSIX compliant shell (BASH, DASH, etc.)

  export RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH=/opt/rtems4.11/i386-rtems4.11/pc686/
  ./do_it -A >make.log 2>&1

We probably do not need whole log but at least the information
about failed C compiled file and C compiler error report and
failed file location are necessary.

Best wishes,

                Pavel