MPC55xx, <spe.h>, and <stdlib.h> and who owns what

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Wed Nov 26 12:56:53 UTC 2014

I'm trying to figure out who to report a bug to.

One of my clients started using <spe.h> for the MPC55XX Signal Processing Extensions, and that header has some problems.  It defines it's own versions of int32_t and friends that conflict with what's in <stdint.h>, and it has definitions of some SPE functions, for example these:

===
/* The SPE PIM says these are declared in <spe.h>, although they are
   not provided by GCC: they must be taken from a separate
   library.  */
extern short int atosfix16 (const char *);
extern int atosfix32 (const char *);
extern long long atosfix64 (const char *);
===

and these functions have conflicting definitions in <machine/stdlib.h>.

<spe.h> is obviously from GCC, but I don't see a copyright in <machine/stdlib.h>

Who owns that file?  Are these both part of GCC?  Does anyone know if it is kosher to suggest including <stdlib.h> in <spe.h> to get around these problems?

Peter