MPC55xx, <spe.h>, and <stdlib.h> and who owns what

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Wed Nov 26 15:38:38 UTC 2014

I haven't looked at it too closely yet, I just helped get it to compile. I intend to see what the compiler emits using C code compared to what my client is using it for.

I doubt that header has been changed in years.  Do you recall in what way it is horribly broken?  Looking at it it appears to mostly be shims into __builtin stuff, which I assume is the low-level code emitted by the compiler.  I do see a "NOT SUPPORTED IN FIRST e500, support via two instruction" section that is unconditional, that looks at least sub-optimal.

> On Nov 26, 2014, at 08:10 , Sebastian Huber <sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de> wrote:
>
> The last time I looked at the <spe.h> it was horribly broken. Its a
> shame that it found its way into the GCC sources.

Peter