RTEMS crash with mem address not aligned failure

Hoefle Marco Marco.Hoefle at nanotronic.ch
Fri Oct 3 09:40:31 UTC 2014

Hello,
to debug the Filesystem getcwd behavior we want to try latest mainline RTEMS4.11 for SPARC, LEON3 BSP if the error is still there.
Our application consists for test purpose only of the RTEMS shell and a dummy task

Starting 1 threads...
started thread 0: id: 0x0b010002, prio: 10
 =========================
 starting shell
 =========================

RTEMS SHELL (Ver.1.0-FRC):/dev/console. Sep 30 2014. 'help' to list commands.
[/] # hello dude, this is tick nr: 1
hello dude, this is tick nr: 2

[/] # ls
dev

Afterwards typing the ls command into the shell the debugger quits with the error:

grmon2> load cassis.elf; run
  40000000 .text                    460.4kB / 460.4kB   [===============>] 100%
  40073170 .data                      5.1kB /   5.1kB   [===============>] 100%
  400745D0 .jcr                         4B              [===============>] 100%
  Total size: 465.46kB (2.04Mbit/s)
  Entry point 0x40000000
  Image cassis.elf loaded
  CPU 0:  IU in error mode (tt = 0x07, mem address not aligned)
          0x40005310: c201a010  ld  [%g6 + 0x10], %g1  <malloc_is_system_state_OK+0>
  CPU 1:  Power down mode

Could this be a newlib issue? We are using:
#
# Tools configuration.
#
4.11/rtems-autotools
devel/expat-2.1.0-1
tools/rtems-binutils-2.24-1
tools/rtems-gcc-4.7.3-newlib-2.0.0-1
tools/rtems-gdb-7.7-1
tools/rtems-kernel-4.11

We are using rtems-source-builder for building toolchain and kernel but the suggested newlib cvs repo is down so we switched to an older one.

Thanks,
Marco