RTEMS crash with mem address not aligned failure

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Fri Oct 10 23:07:48 UTC 2014

On 10/10/2014 8:01 pm, Hoefle Marco wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> I can confirm that with the newlib git mirror which Sebastian mentioned
> the problem does not occur anymore. So it was definitely a newlib issue.
> The newlib cvs repo didn't work for some time anyway...

The newlib git repo is a git version of the cvs repo. They are the same
thing.

> For the RTEMS source builder it would be good that for example the
> rtems-sparc.bset is using defined repo commits (so not the head of a git
> or cvs repo) per default. Experienced users could than change the bset
> to the latest and greatest.

I am not sure I follow. This seems like a lot of work plus we would end
up with differences across the range of supported architectures. I see
what we do as nothing different to selecting a point to release and
creating a tarball and fetching that.

> For RTEMS beginners things like this result in more grey hair ;-)

Sure however please remember that 4.11 is the current development head
and things break from time to time.

Chris