gcc biuld, b-gcc/gcc/include-fixed/limits.h overides newlib-rtems limits.h

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Tue Sep 16 16:51:17 UTC 2014

On 9/16/2014 11:30 AM, Hill, Jeff wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
>> We are now using gcc-4.9 for the NIOS2 because it is supported up stream in the FSF sources and I would recommend using it.
> We do need a later gcc version as we have run into some g++ issues with the older 4.1 source from Altera. The source builder is new for us, but we still managed to get the nios2 binutils, gcc compiler, and newlib to build yesterday and we are pleased with that. We had to move the newlib version back and patch it for nios2 because our corporate firewall blocks all cvs pserver traffic (including client initiated).
Chris and I have discussed whether it made sense to ask for periodic
CVS snapshots (monthly?) so we wouldn't be hammering their CVS
server and it avoids firewall issues.
>  We also hit some issues building gdb due to not having the ncurses developer package installed; it would appear that the initial sb-check detects missing tools but not missing libraries and or headers.
FWIW gcc itself is apparently missing a check for the development side of
zlib. It will just fail somewhere in the LTO link as I recall. But I
haven't run
that down either.