Questions

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Mon Apr 20 14:15:07 UTC 2015

Matthew,

There is no separation between user and kernel space. Everything runs
in the same address/memory space. Targets that have virtual memory map
a single linear address space.

You can make some protection between tasks on certain targets
especially in the ARM and PPC family there is support in some BSP code
to setup "translation tables" that can define certain permissions, and
some implementations of protected stack memory (no shared stack
between threads) has been implemented, but is not available in
distributed versions of RTEMS.

Gedare