SOCIS 2015 Deadline approaching

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Wed Apr 22 23:21:28 UTC 2015

On 4/22/2015 4:10 PM, V.Frimodig wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm interested in contributing. Through summer of code or not. Think
> testing could be a good start but are open for suggestions.
>
> Are from Sweden and a student at Halmstad university. Done with my
> bachelor in computer system engineering. Have some experience with
> RTOS, mainly ChibiOS/RT.
>
> Apologize in advance for late reply, will not be able to answer until
> Sunday.
>
> Could also forward project suggestions to other students. I'm sure
> others also could be interested.

There are multiple potential projects but one that needs attention and
is near and dear to my heart is getting the new version of the coverage
report generation tools production worthy and integrated with the
new rtems-tools/tester framework. The work was started under SOCIS last year
and works but is not ready to be integrated. Some of the issues relate
to how
the run is configured (currently some hard-coded paths), possible style
issues
remaining, and review of output. There is likely more to do. It is at the
"it works and is reproducible but..." point.

http://kmiesowicz.blogspot.com/2014/08/new-approach-to-coverage-analysis-in.html
is a blog entry from last year about the work.
https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/2261
has the code.

The kickoff for current testing ideas is at
https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Developer/OpenProjects#Testing

Assuming you could run coverage reports using the new Python framework,
there
is work to be done to ensure the current gcov output is correct and then
generating
gcov reports for the coverage reports.

This is all important work and no one is touching it now.