Global scheduling in RTEMS

Biermans Joeri joeri.biermans at student.uantwerpen.be
Thu Apr 23 13:55:50 UTC 2015

Hey everyone,

I'm a student at the University of Antwerp and I'm

currently working on my master's project.

My master's project is about the comparison

of real-time multicore scheduling algorithms

on embedded systems.

I'm currently looking for an RTOS on which

I can add a few global schedulers like G-EDF,

G-RM, RM-US, EDF-US and EDF(k).

I came across RTEMS and I have the following

question about the OS:

* Is it possible to globally schedule jobs of tasks

in RTEMS?

(ie released/suspended jobs are placed

into a global queue shared between all processors.

The scheduler calculates their priority and decides

on which m cores the m highest priority jobs should

run. Jobs can migrate between different cores.)

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Joeri