Boot RTEMS on Gem5 Arm

Kuan Hsun Chen kuan-hsun.chen at tu-dortmund.de
Fri Apr 24 22:03:08 UTC 2015

Hello Gedare,

Thanks for the rapid reply.
This time I take bsp=realview_pbx_a9_qemu and it does work finally :)

However, the result of installation is different to the sparc example
totally.
I don't know how to wrapper them as a bootable file to feed Gem5.
I'm going to find some tutorials for qemu and see if I can be inspired...

Best,
Kuan-Hsun

> Kuan-Hsun,
>
> I believe the Realview BSP can be booted on gem5 ARM. I think Hesham
> did it awhile back anyways. The sparc64/usiii also can be booted with
> gem5/SPARC_FS.
>
> Gedare
>
> On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 5:17 PM, Kuan Hsun Chen
> <kuan-hsun.chen at tu-dortmund.de> wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I'm combining such a powerful RTOS, i.e., RTEMS, on a novel simulator
> Gem5
> > with Arm architecture.
> > Since I only achieved once to boot RTEMS on i386 qemu with some guides on
> > the internet,
> > therefore I try to mimic the experience/flow for Gem5.
> > However, I cannot find a specific BSP to support Gem5 Armv8-A on RTEMS
> Wiki.
> >
> > On the other hand, I also have tried the Quick-start tutorial, and I have
> > built the RTEMS for sparc.
> > With the tutorial, I found that I have to generate a bootable image with
> > RTEMS executables beforehand.
> > Unfortunately, I stuck here and didn't find any useful information.
> >
> > Did anyone have a similar experience? Could somebody recommend a
> direction
> > for me?
> >
> > Many thanks,
> > Kuan-Hsun