Installation query

Sarvesh Patkar sarveshspatkar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 19:14:33 UTC 2015

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.
I tried the steps mentioned on the quickstart page. After downloading
RTEMS, when I try the bootstrap command, I get several warnings, which go
as follows.
.
.
.
Makefile.am:23: warning: source file 'timer/timer.c' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:23: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
Makefile.am:23: warning: source file 'timer/timerisr.c' is in a
subdirectory,
Makefile.am:23: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
Makefile.am:23: warning: source file 'shmsupp/addrconv.c' is in a
subdirectory,
Makefile.am:23: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
Makefile.am:23: warning: source file 'shmsupp/getcfg.c' is in a
subdirectory,
Makefile.am:23: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
Makefile.am:23: warning: source file 'shmsupp/lock.c' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:23: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
Makefile.am:23: warning: source file 'shmsupp/mpisr.c' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:23: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
./c/src/lib/libbsp/no_cpu
acinclude.m4 is unchanged
./c/src
./c/src/ada-tests
mptests/mp01/node1/Makefile.am:9: warning: source file
'../../../support/init.c' is in a subdirectory,
mptests/mp01/node1/Makefile.am:9: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
automake: warning: possible forward-incompatibility.
automake: At least a source file is in a subdirectory, but the
'subdir-objects'
automake: automake option hasn't been enabled.  For now, the corresponding
output
automake: object file(s) will be placed in the top-level directory.
However,
automake: this behaviour will change in future Automake versions: they will
automake: unconditionally cause object files to be placed in the same
subdirectory
automake: of the corresponding sources.
automake: You are advised to start using 'subdir-objects' option throughout
your
automake: project, to avoid future incompatibilities.
mptests/mp01/node2/Makefile.am:9: warning: source file
'../../../support/init.c' is in a subdirectory,
mptests/mp01/node2/Makefile.am:9: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
mptests/mp02/node1/Makefile.am:9: warning: source file
'../../../support/init.c' is in a subdirectory,
mptests/mp02/node1/Makefile.am:9: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
mptests/mp02/node2/Makefile.am:9: warning: source file
'../../../support/init.c' is in a subdirectory,
mptests/mp02/node2/Makefile.am:9: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
.
.
.

These warnings repeat themselves for a lot of source files in
subdirectories. I do not understand how to enable the subdir-objects
option. Also, at the very end I also get the following messages.
ada_user/Makefile.am: warning: Oops!
ada_user/Makefile.am:     It appears this file (or files included by it)
are triggering
ada_user/Makefile.am:     an undocumented, soon-to-be-removed automake hack.
ada_user/Makefile.am:     Future automake versions will no longer place in
the builddir
ada_user/Makefile.am:     (rather than in the srcdir) the generated '.info'
files that
ada_user/Makefile.am:     appear to be cleaned, by e.g. being listed in
CLEANFILES or
ada_user/Makefile.am:     DISTCLEANFILES.
ada_user/Makefile.am:     If you want your '.info' files to be placed in
the builddir
ada_user/Makefile.am:     rather than in the srcdir, you have to use the
shiny new
ada_user/Makefile.am:     'info-in-builddir' automake option.
bsp_howto/Makefile.am: warning: Oops!
bsp_howto/Makefile.am:     It appears this file (or files included by it)
are triggering
bsp_howto/Makefile.am:     an undocumented, soon-to-be-removed automake
hack.
bsp_howto/Makefile.am:     Future automake versions will no longer place in
the builddir
bsp_howto/Makefile.am:     (rather than in the srcdir) the generated
'.info' files that
bsp_howto/Makefile.am:     appear to be cleaned, by e.g. being listed in
CLEANFILES or
bsp_howto/Makefile.am:     DISTCLEANFILES.
bsp_howto/Makefile.am:     If you want your '.info' files to be placed in
the builddir
bsp_howto/Makefile.am:     rather than in the srcdir, you have to use the
shiny new
bsp_howto/Makefile.am:     'info-in-builddir' automake option.
.
.
.

Am I going wrong somewhere?