how to make a rtems kernel image to flash it on the target!

Nick Withers nick.withers at anu.edu.au
Thu Dec 10 02:12:52 UTC 2015

Hi Gavin!

On Thu, 2015-12-10 at 10:07 +0800, Gavin Gu wrote:
> I already make install on rtems, below is my script.
>

> $ cd $HOME/development/rtems/rtems   /*where is rtems source tree*/
> $ ./bootstrap
>
> $ cd $HOME/development/rtems       /*the base directory for all rtems
> work*/
> $ mkdir b-leon3                                /*where is the build
> tree*/
> $ mkdir leon3                                   /*where is rtems make
> install directory*/
> $ cd b-leon3
>
> $ ../rtems/configure --target=sparc-rtems4.11 --enable-rtemsbsp=leon3
> \
> --enable-tests=samples --disable-posix \
> --prefix=$HOME/development/rtems/leon3
>
> $ make
>
> $ make install
>
> finally,I find ticker.exe or hello.exe under build tree and run it,
> it
> works. but, under install directory(development/rtems/leon3/) just
> have
> some rtems library and headers. Is there any procedure to  make a
> kernel
> image to flash it on the target?

No, there isn't, because RTEMS doesn't work like that.

Your application links with the RTEMS libraries you've now built,
producing a single binary.

Does that make sense?
--
Nick Withers

Embedded Systems Programmer
Department of Nuclear Physics, Research School of Physics and Engineering
The Australian National University (CRICOS: 00120C)