git command failed (/usr/bin/git): 128

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Mon Dec 21 00:08:21 UTC 2015

On 19/12/2015 5:49 AM, Sambeet Panigrahi wrote:
> Hey Chris,
> I updated the rsb using git fetch and tried to build again but I still
> get the same error i.e
> error: git command failed (/usr/bin/git): 128.
> Can you please suggest some more alternatives?

If your network connection is blocking ftp or you are having problems
reaching all the home sites for the package then using the RSB from git
will not work. The releases use the RTEMS ftp server via https which I
hope will work for you.

Please try the 4.11.0-rc1 (release candidate 1) from:

 https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/releases/4.11/4.11.0-rc1/

The README.txt contains a quick start howto for building using the releases.

Chris