Starting with RTEMS

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Thu Feb 19 15:34:28 UTC 2015

On 2/19/2015 7:33 AM, Rohini Kulkarni wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How can I figure out which targets can be tested with a simulator. I
> would like to  set up an environment which I can work with further.

All of the BSPs with simulator support are covered by scripts in
rtems-testing/sim-scripts. Most/some are covered by the new
testing framework in rtems-tools.

Personally, I would recommend one of the following depending
on what you are trying to do:

+ sparc/sis - built into gdb, simple but no networking or SMP
   All SPARC BSPs can run on some simulator.
+ arm/xilinx_zynq_a9_qemu - requires qemu but has networking and SMP
+ i386/pcXXX - requires qemu but has networking and SMP

There is also powerpc/psim (in gdb) and mips/jmr3904 (in gdb) which
are also useful.

The proper simulator choice depends on what architecture you like and
what project you are looking at.