building example programs

Andrew Harris andrew.unit at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 14:48:41 UTC 2015

Hello,

   Thanks for the useful information.  I'm still having a heck of a time
getting the examples to build.  I can't seem to get my "waf configure" line
to work out.  I got RTEMS working from the nice article on this site:

http://www.shrike-systems.com/beagleboard-xm-beaglebone-black-and-everything-else-rtems-on-the-beagles.html

But I fear I don't understand now how to specify the waf configure line.
I've got it so that it doesn't complain about the RTEMS path, nor does it
complain about the RTEMS tools path:

~/development/rtems/rtems-tools/waf configure
--rtems=$HOME/development/rtems/4.11
--rtems-tools=$HOME/development/rtems/4.11

But I can't seem to figure out how to tell it to use the beagleboneblack
BSP.  I have added some print statements into the rtems.py file which I
believe is used by the waf build system and it doesn't seem to see any bsps
at all in the paths I've specified above.

However, from the website article, it seems to build in such a way as to
create a b-beagle directory, and deep inside that directory I do see a
directory that contains a ".pc" file, which I presume is a key file for the
BSP:

development/rtems/b-beagle/arm-rtems4.11/c/beagleboneblack/arm-rtems4.11-beagleboneblack.pc

But I can't seem to figure out how to combine this knowledge with the
directories that are required for the waf configure step.

Has anyone gotten stuck here before?  If so, any help would be appreciated!

thanks,
-andrew