RTEMS Source Builder: native-elf-format.h not found

Tyler Parks tparks5 at mail.csuchico.edu
Wed Jan 21 23:31:22 UTC 2015

On 01/20/2015 11:17 PM, Chris Johns wrote:
> On 21/01/2015 5:42 pm, Tyler Parks wrote:
>>
>>      I had to install a previous version of texinfo (v4.13 instead of
>> v5.1), but RTEMS Source Builder seems to be working now.
>
> Which package complained ?
>
> Would you please me able to review the document in the doc directory
> and update the specifics for your host ?
>
> Thanks
> Chris

    I believe it was
rtems-source-builder/rtems/config/tools/rtems-gcc-4.8.2-newlib-cvs-1.cfg
said "incompatible makeinfo version found" when I had texinfo v5.1
installed (texinfo includes makeinfo). I opened that config file in vim,
and around line 23 it says to give errors for any version number >= 5.0.
     I removed texinfo v5.1 and installed texinfo v4.13. I installed
v4.13 from source because Fedora's yum repos only hold the latest
version. After a reboot, the RTEMS Source Builder was able to build all
the tools successfully.
    I can update the note for Fedora hosts in the Hosts section of
source-builder.txt, if that's what you're asking, although I'm not sure
how to submit it. I've got a class soon, but I'll look over
https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Developer/GitUsers#SubmittingaPatch in more
detail later and try to submit it tonight.