nfsMount - mount: Not supported

Ben Dart Ben.Dart at adept.com
Tue Jul 7 22:51:11 UTC 2015

So I managed to get the nfs library to link. I also added a free driver so I think that I am running NFS successfully. Problem is now that I am not able to connect to an NFS server.

1.      I have set up a server on an XP computer using Omni-NFS server and am able to connect to it from an old linux computer.

2.      I tried the following commands in the RTEMS shell:

a.      mount -t nfs 172.21.3.235:/ /D/NFS

b.      mount -t nfs 172.21.3.235:c:/test/ /D/NFS

c.      mount -t nfs 172.21.3.235:/c/test/ /D/NFS

3.      I get the following response:

"""
RTEMS-RPCIOD $Release$, Till Straumann, Stanford/SLAC/SSRL 2002, See LICENSE file for licensing info.
RTEMS-NFS $Release$, Till Straumann, Stanford/SLAC/SSRL 2002, See LICENSE file for licensing info.
Trying to mount 172.21.3.235: on /D/NFS
nfsMount - mount: Not supported
"""
The folder /D/NFS is created successfully so I know at least that the mount path on the device running RTEMS is correct.
>From a quick look and some printing in the source code I noticed that rtems is mounting (assumably) through something similar to the linux "mount" command under "nfsMount(..." in nfs.c:

"""
      int varRes = mount(&mtab,
                    &nfs_fs_ops,
                    RTEMS_FILESYSTEM_READ_WRITE,
                    dev,
                    mntpoint);

      fprintf(stderr, "BEN NOTE: trying to mount: %d\n", varRes);

      if (varRes) {
            perror("nfsMount - mount");
            goto cleanup;
      }
"""
Note that I added the print statement. We are getting an error from the mount command of "-1" which from the following man page: http://linux.die.net/man/8/mount
Doesn't seem to be an actual error code of mount?

I am trying to use RTEMS 4.9.2 on a powerPC MPC5200.

Ben