Hello_via_task Ada example on Rapberry

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Sun Jul 12 15:26:56 UTC 2015

On July 12, 2015 10:05:17 AM CDT, Jan Sommer <soja-misc at aries.uberspace.de> wrote:
>Ok,
>
>I managed to compile the hello_via_task example by adding the adasupp.c
>file to the build and adding the include <rtems/posix/pthreadimpl.h> to
>it.
>However, when I run the example it gets stuck it never returns from the
>delay-call.
>It seems to have something to do that it runs now in a task. I also
>tested the delay until example and here again it runs fine if
>everything is executed in the main task, but if I create a new Ada task
>and put the execution there it gets stuck after the call to delay until
>again.

Just to make sure we are on the same page, what gcc version?

It sounds like the number of resources configured might be off. Can you try unlimited objects and unified workspace? They are CONFIGURE_ parameters.

The last I checked, each Ada task took a pthread, mutex and condition variable. There was at least a pthread key overall and one pthread. If the assumed resources has changed, that could be it.