net-snmp using RSB

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Jul 21 04:51:18 UTC 2015

On 21/07/2015 2:11 pm, Cen Zhao wrote:

> Thanks for your help, I worked closely with Adit on the same project.

Great to hear it is working.

> So with the new configure, We were able to compile it. Now we're trying to
> figure out how
> to use it. Here's a couple of questions:
>
> 1. For untaring the files to memory, did you simply create the
> file net_snmp_files.tar from /etc/snmpd.conf? That way, when you call
> untar, it extracts to /etc/snmpd.conf, and then the agent can use that
> Configuration?

Correct.

> 2. The sample code from wiki declares a set of init functions and
>  int  snmpd_init (rtems_task_priority priority, char* cmdline);
>
> I found out that those init functions are defined in snmp agent source
> code, but I couldn't find the definitions of snmpd_init();
> Where does this function get defined and how can we hook snmpd (binary
> executable) with RTEMS application code ?

https://git.rtems.org/rtems-tools/tree/tools/4.11/net-snmp/rtems-net-snmp-5.7.2.1-20140623.patch#n311

You should be able to call it as described in the Wiki. I assume you
have added -lnetsnmp to the linker command line ?

I wonder if the snmpd.o file is being included in the libnetsnmp.a
archive ? Can you please check ?

> Could you explain the building process with more details?

Do you mean the NetSNMP package or how to build an application using it ?

Chris