net-snmp using RSB

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Jul 22 00:06:08 UTC 2015

On 22/07/2015 4:23 am, Cen Zhao wrote:

> I did link to -lnetsnmp, however, there's no snmpd.o included in
> libnetsnmp.a,

Ok.

> I checked rtems-source-builder/rtems/sources/net-snmp-5.7.2.1.tar.gz,
> untar it, there's no snmpd_init defined.
> Do you know what went wrong?

I suspect the NetSNMP build system does not add snmpd.o to the library.
This is understandable because on a native build snmpd is an executable
and does not need to be part of the library.

I will take a look and see what I can do. We can:

 1. Install snmpd.o. I do not like this.
 2. Update the build system to add in snmpd.o.
 3. Get the RSB scrip to manually update libnetsnmp.a before
    running the install phase.
 4, Other suggestions.

Chris