Best way to update RTEMS?

Wu, Mark H. Mark.H.Wu at disney.com
Sat Jun 6 01:11:47 UTC 2015

I downloaded RTEMS from the git repo a few weeks ago, and have things at a stable point (still working on getting a few things to work, like networking). I decided to update from the git repo, and can't seem to get it rebuilt correctly. What are the correct steps to update my libraries after pulling down from the repo?

What I have done so far:

1. Run ./bootstrap within the RTEMS directory
2. Re-run configure from within my installation directory
3. Re-run make from within my installation directory

This is where it fails - I have a compilation error. The files within my installation directory don't quite match the ones in the RTEMS directory.
I believe that these are the same steps I performed upon initial installation (the same steps in the quick start). Do they not work for updating? Is there another (better) procedure for updating RTEMS?

Thanks.

Mark.