libbsd.txt "test runner" realview_pbx_a9_qemu

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Jun 9 02:57:41 UTC 2015

On 9/06/2015 7:46 am, Gene Smith wrote:
> On 06/06/2015 09:21 PM, Chris Johns wrote:
>>>
>>> Just did a pull to the latest. Was 4 commits back. Does the vde support
>>> require just a rebuild of qemu? Or does it require the toolchain also be
>>> rebuilt?
>>>

>> Just rebuild qemu. It might pay to check the RSB log file by searching
>> for vde to make sure the RSB and qemu have found the vde libraries.
>
> Yes, the rsb log for building qemu indicated *no* vde support. So I
> obtained and make/installed "vde2" from soureforge since there is no vde
> package in fedora. Now the log indicates vde supported after qemu
> rebuild via rsb.
>

>>> Also, how do you run these vde tests?
>>
>> I am still playing with VDE to figure it all out. Basically create a
>> vde_switch and connect it to a tap interface. Set the group and mod if
>> you want to handle security. The man has the details. Start qemu with
>> '-net vde,sock=/tmp/vde.ctl' or the path to the control port the
>> vde_switch makes.
>
> I did this:
> sudo /usr/local/bin/vde_switch -F --tap tap0 -sock /tmp/myswitch
> and I see new the tap interface:
> [gene at hplt ~]$ ifconfig -a
> tap0: flags=4098<BROADCAST,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
>         ether 52:4b:a3:d2:f4:08  txqueuelen 500  (Ethernet)
>         RX packets 3  bytes 159 (159.0 B)
>         RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
>         TX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
>         TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0
>
> Running qemu I get this:
> [gene at hplt ~]$ qemu-system-arm
> qemu-system-arm: error while loading shared libraries: libvdeplug.so.3:
> cannot open shared object file: No such file
>
> Fix with this (since vde2 default installs libs in non-fedora place, I
> assume):
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib
>
> Ping01 test seems "easy" but when I run it I see this:
>
> [gene at hplt ping01]$ sudo LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib
> /home/gene/rtems/install/4.11/qemu/bin/qemu-system-arm -M
> realview-pbx-a9 -m 256M -no-reboot -monitor none -serial stdio
> -nographic -net vde,sock=/tmp/myswitch -kernel ping01.exe
> audio: Could not init `oss' audio driver
> Warning: vlan 0 with no nics
> *** LIBBSD PING 1 TEST ***
> nexus0: <RTEMS Nexus device>
> devctl: ? at   on nexus0
> devctl: +nexus0 at   on root0
> devctl: !system=IFNET subsystem=lo0 type=ATTACH
> ifconfig: interface smc0 does not exist
> assertion "exit_code == EX_OK" failed: file
> "testsuite/include/rtems/bsd/test/default-network-init.h", line 123,
> function: default_network_ifconfig_hwif0
>
> Obviously, I am doing something very wrong or incomplete here! FYI, the
> config.inc file I used to build rtems-libbsd is attached. (Also, I am
> still needing root access.)

I am not sure. Running qemu with '-M realview-pbx-a9 -net model=help'
does not show the SMCS LAN9118 device.

I do not know what is happening here. There could be patches missing to
enabled SMC support for the realview machine in qemu.

I am playing with the Zynq at the moment. It at least runs but I am
having issues getting my network to talk to it.

Chris