Problem with rtems_event_send crashing from interrupt routine

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Jun 11 02:13:04 UTC 2015

On 11/06/2015 11:25 am, Mr. Andrei Chichak wrote:

>>> Mac, Eclipse Luna CDT, OpenOCD, ST-Link, STM32F4Discovery
>>>

>> Can you load an RTEMS application ?
>
> Yes
>>
>> After a load does ‘continue' work ?
>
> It does start the program. I have been able to debug simple programs, putting breakpoints in Init() and displaying variables, but as soon as multitasking kicks in…

Init should have multitasking running plus the MMU and cache should be
set up. This means it could be something that is running as part of the
application that is corrupting things. It might pay to set breakpoints
in the data abort and prefetch exception entry points and see what happens.

>> Does the target stop at a break point after continuing ? Lets assume the
>> break point is after MMU, cache and interrupts are all initialized and
>> enabled.
>>
> Well, no, but the debugger appears to stop at a breakpoint immediately, even when there are no breakpoints set, and the target continues to run.

Is it possible to run directly from gdb just to remove any possible
Eclipse activity ?

Is OpenOCD indicating the board is still running ? You can actually
telnet to OpenOCD and check at the same time GDB is accessing OpenOCD.

Is OpenOCD running separately and being accessed by TCP or is it being
forked and accessed via a pipe from inside GDB ?

I only use TCP with OpenOCD running separately from GDB because I saw
issues with piping.

>> What happens if you issue an ‘istep' after stopping at the break point ?
>
> The system is across town and the ST-Link needs to be reset or I could do it via screenshare. I just may have to drive in and kick it.

When you can is fine.

Chris