Beaglebone Bootloader

Angelo Fraietta newsgroups at smartcontroller.com.au
Mon Jun 22 22:46:59 UTC 2015

Does not boot.
I have u-boot on the SD card. I know it is being called because if I
disconnect the ethernet, it freezes and does not boot. If I remove SDcard
and remove ethernet, it boots normally
I have tftp on 192.168.0.25

My configuration is exactly this

### BBB : Configuration
ipaddr=192.168.0.53
serverip=192.168.0.25
netmask=255.255.255.0

### XKY-OS : Configuration
baseaddr=0x81000000
application=/TICKER

### Boot BBB from network
nfsargs=setenv bootargs console=${console} root=/dev/nfs
nfsroot=${serverip}:${rootpath} rw
ip=${ipaddr}:${serverip}:${serverip}:${netmask}::eth0:off
xkyboot=run nfsargs; tftp ${baseaddr} ${application}; bootm ${baseaddr}
uenvcmd=run xkyboot

I have copied ticker.exe to root folder
I tried
application=/TICKER
application=/ticker.exe
application=/TICKER.EXE

Just boots into normal regardless of what I do (except removing ethernet
with SDCard in). Looking at U-boot in display looks the same as though
three was no SDcard. How can I freeze screen to read what it all says?

I tested my tftp server like this
http://www.gunnalag.com/2013/08/05/how-to-test-tftp-server-from-a-client-system-in-windows/

I did
tftp -i 1923.168.0.25 get ticker.exe

And it worked fine

So if I am using ticker.exe, what should application=/TICKER be? Is it case
sensitive? Does it need .exe at the end? Am I supposed to be using
ticker.exe?
Can someone send me an exe that does load in BBB so I can see if it is that
loads.

Also, I followed tutorial for installing U-boot on an SDCard which boots
linux from SDCard and that works

http://www.armhf.com/boards/beaglebone-black/bbb-sd-install/

Any suggestions would be great

Thanks