attaching an interrupt in beaglebone bsp

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Jun 4 00:17:00 UTC 2015

On 4/06/2015 1:13 am, Ben Gras wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 4:23 PM, Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 10:04 AM, Ben Gras <beng at shrike-systems.com> wrote:
>>> All,

>>> Hi Chris,
>>>
>>> I have a large-ish commit for RSB that builds qemu, uboot and some FS
>>> utilities. This is so a full FS image can be made with provided tools.
>>> It wasn't merged because of uboot and its license so in my mind this
>>> is blocking on a replacement becoming available.
>>>
>> I don't personally see a problem with providing a way to build uboot,
>> although if Chris opposed it that is good enough for me.

I am not opposed to the RSB building uboot. The fact we build something
that is GPLv3 for a user is my only concern. If a user asks the RSB to
build uboot we have no concern, however if the user asks to build a
'beagle' and we then build a GPLv3 package we need to a little more
careful about how we inform the user. Once a beagle umon is available we
can move the users to that.

>>> In rtems-tools I have a tester to run the test set using qemu, but
>>> this depends on changes in RSB.
>>>
>>> Should I open tickets for them even though they're blocked?
>> Yes. You can also provide them in a fork of RSB if you care to
>> maintain such a thing.
>
> I actually do have forks of RSB and rtems-tools with the required
> changes on my github repo's. I'm quite eager to merge them mainline
> though because occasionally the build breaks if RSB updates are
> needed.

We should get these merged.

> The RSB change:
> https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/2359

I have updated the ticket. My concern is adding support for variant's of
packages such as uboot and qemu. Maybe we can limit the impact in RSB
with a careful design of the configuration files so we can could support
a range of uboots or qemus, for example Xilinx has one for the Zynq.

On the other hand we should be putting pressure on these projects to
upstream patches and get the work merged.

> The rtems-tools change:
> https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/2360

This one should be easy one #2359 is resolved.

Chris