libbsd.txt "test runner" realview_pbx_a9_qemu

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Sun Jun 7 01:21:25 UTC 2015

On 6/06/2015 2:19 pm, Gene Smith wrote:
> On 06/05/2015 11:45 PM, Chris Johns wrote:
>> Great. Is this with the latest RSB ? I committed some changes to build
>> qemu with VDE support and I would love feedback about this change.
>
> Just did a pull to the latest. Was 4 commits back. Does the vde support
> require just a rebuild of qemu? Or does it require the toolchain also be
> rebuilt?

Just rebuild qemu. It might pay to check the RSB log file by searching
for vde to make sure the RSB and qemu have found the vde libraries.

> Also, how do you run these vde tests?

I am still playing with VDE to figure it all out. Basically create a
vde_switch and connect it to a tap interface. Set the group and mod if
you want to handle security. The man has the details. Start qemu with
'-net vde,sock=/tmp/vde.ctl' or the path to the control port the
vde_switch makes.

I like the idea of VDE because you can have a 32 port virtual switch
which means parallel network testing using qemu. Plus it is done without
root access.

Chris