libbsd.txt "test runner" realview_pbx_a9_qemu

Gene Smith gds at chartertn.net
Tue Jun 9 19:04:01 UTC 2015

On 06/09/2015 02:20 AM, Gene Smith wrote:
> On 06/03/2015 03:07 AM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
>> Hello Gene,
>>
>> the test runner are available via the rtems-testing repository.  You may
>> need the attached Qemu patches.
>
> Yes, I think Chris also pointed out the need for these patches (or in my
> case, maybe I only need the realview.c patch).
>
> Is there a way to apply these patches automatically, say, in
> qemu-git.1.cfg ??  The problem seems to be that RSB always does a pull
> from the qemu remote and overwrites the patches that I manually applied
> in the RSB created qemu.git directory. There are other patches done in
> qemu-git.1.cfg but I don't really understand how the "%patch" lines work
> when a local patch needs to be done (or if this is possible).

Looking closer at the source builder manual I can see what to do. I just
need to add the patches to the .../bare/patches directory and update the
.../bare/config/devel/qemu-git-1.cfg with "file:" patches (plus md5sum's):

#
# My local patches (from Sebastian)
#
%patch add qemu file://realview_c.patch
%hash md5 realview_c.patch 0d20da7184699682153a94b3aa87fb56
%patch add qemu file://cadence_gem_c.patch
%hash md5 cadence_gem_c.patch cec7b8194f629ae626f91aa12887c03e

I did update the realview patch (attached) so it would work with the
current qemu HEAD. The cadence_gem patch was still OK.