Changes to rtems_shell_script() working directory?

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Sun Jun 28 23:36:24 UTC 2015

On 29/06/2015 9:23 am, Joel Sherrill wrote:

> On June 28, 2015 6:11:05 PM CDT, Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:
>> On 28/06/2015 9:20 pm, Peter Dufault wrote:
>>> Does anyone know of changes in how the shell starts up that would
>> affect the current working directory?
>>
>> Nothing that explains exactly what you are seeing.
>>
>> Changes to the environment have been made to support SMP. The previous
>> implementation used task variables and these do not work on SMP so we
>> had to change the code. I am not sure if this has had an effect in some
>> subtle way on your set up.
>
> Another more likely change was Sebastian's work that tightened the permissions on commands. Run the fileio sample and you will see what the difference between living in as root or a normal user is.

Yes perms can lock you out. If the script has not had the equivalent of
"chmod +x script" it will not run.

FYI I am using those perms in production to restrict user access. In one
product we have 3 levels and it works well. The only issue is the need
to add a C interface to change the perms and ownership.

Chris