NASA MMS Launches This Thursday!!!

Needell, Jerry Jerry.Needell at unh.edu
Thu Mar 12 14:12:28 UTC 2015

There are at least 6 CPUs in the Instrument Suite (not counting redundant systems that are not powered  ) and  4 of them are using RTEMS! A few of the instruments are driven by FGPA state machines and do not have processors or software.
The FIELDS Suite (measuring electric and magnetic fields) has 2 CPUs (one main CPU and a second subsystem controller for one of the sensors). The Main CPU has a cold spare redundant system. Only one is powered at a time. We use RTEMS in both the main CPU and the subsystem controller.
Lots of RTEMS flying tonight!
Jerry