SPARC Floating Point Support Changes

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Fri May 8 06:48:23 UTC 2015

Hello,

we work currently on an optimization for the SPARC floating point
support.  See also:

https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/2270

We implement alternative (1). The floating point status register (FSR)
is volatile according to the SPARC ABI.

https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/devel/2015-May/011232.html

We are not sure if this is honoured in the RTEMS applications in
general. Are there known uses cases which treat the FSR in a thread
specific non-volatile way? It would be beneficial to rely on a volatile
only usage since this would lead to a much simpler floating point
context save/restore code.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16