Building libbsdport

Wu, Mark H. Mark.H.Wu at disney.com
Thu May 21 00:24:28 UTC 2015

After some investigation today, it seems that I wasn't paying enough attention when I ran configure. The configure script was failing, namely when it was using the variable "_tillac_rtems_config_dir" to create the subdirectories.

In my configure script (not sure how much changes from installation to installation when you run bootstrap), on lines 4824 and 4983, _tillac_rtems_config_dir is set to [nothing/empty string] if $srcdir starts with a slash (if it was specified with an absolute path). However, in lines 4831-4833 and 5069-5071, it is used as $_tillac_rtems_config_dir/$0. At least for me, under Cygwin, this doesn't work, because my call to /cygdrive/c/... becomes //cygdrive/c/..., which, I'm pretty sure, has Cygwin looking for a network directory.

I was able to fix it by replacing $_tillac_rtems_config_dir/ with ${_tillac_rtems_config_dir}, and it's building now.

Not sure if this was the *right* solution, since I don't know if it works across all platforms.