Embedded board with good support out of the box?

Steve B sbattazzo at gmail.com
Thu May 21 17:34:37 UTC 2015

Hello all,

Are there any embedded boards with high performance and really good board
support package out of the box?

I have an application that currently runs on Linux/Xenomai on a Beaglebone
Black, which seems to perform pretty well (currently 25-40% CPU usage by my
empirical estimate) but I think we may have reasons to start moving to an
RTOS or even bare metal going forward.
The current bsp for BBB just lacks almost any hardware device drivers, and
it seems like that is the case for similar platforms. Zynq seems like a
possibly good choice but the FSBL stuff seems like a big hassle and the
device drivers are still missing.

I can consider developing and contributing drivers but not sure if I'll get
the go-ahead to really put man hours into that.

Anybody know of a good ARM or x86 board/module that has things more or less
ready to go?

Cheers,

Steve