Windows and QEMU

Wu, Mark H. Mark.H.Wu at disney.com
Thu May 28 17:54:14 UTC 2015

I've finally got some code ported to RTEMS, and have tried executing it, but get nothing but a dreaded Executive Shutdown. Now I'm trying to set up QEMU so I can debug it (no remote debugging yet!), and am having trouble following the instructions on the website <https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Developer/Simulators/QEMU>. I have QEMU downloaded and running (I get the same shutdown), so I've got a good start. I've launched the gdbserver oh QEMU, but I can't connect to it from gdb (through the Cygwin environment). I get the error:

warning: unrecognized item "timeout" in "qSupported" response

from gdb.

Any ideas?

I'll even take any other ideas for debugging this system. I suspect it's faulting in one of the constructors, but a liberal dose of printk's isn't helping. It seems like the console-printing code is working (I do get the shutdown messages), but I am not getting any of my own printk's whatsoever.