User Extensions, TCB Extension area, and TCBs in general

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon May 18 07:08:35 UTC 2015

On 15/05/15 16:46, Wu, Mark H. wrote:
> I understand that you use rtems_extension_create(), but some of that is done "quietly." Specifically, the static extension set is created by configure, and the stack bounds checking is created similarly (if you use the mechanism described in the documentation). How do I get the object identifiers that are created/returned by that configuration/initialization code?

The statically configured extensions have no object identifier and there
is no field for them in the TCB. If you use the Git master on ARM,
PowerPC or SPARC, then I would use thread-local storage for your extension.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09