Accessing physical memory on ARM

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Nov 12 03:01:24 UTC 2015

On 12/11/2015 9:32 AM, Adit Sahasrabudhe wrote:
>  2. Or, I can invalidate the cache whenever we want to read this buffer
>     (not too often). Is there an API available to do cache
>     invalidations? We tried the inline routines in arm-cp15.h, but it
>     causes a fatal exception.

On the zynq I use the cache manager interface and the L1 and L2 caches
are invalidated or flushed depending on the call.

You need to make sure you have correctly aligned buffers or you will see
errors. If the buffer shares a cache line with something else an
invalidate may invalidate memory that is owned by another piece of code.

Chris